Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy B-Day B-Girl


Yesterday was Violet's 4th birthday. She said that it was the best birthday ever. I cannot imagine how it could have been - it was cloudy and misty all day and I even made her clean her room ;) In honor of her birthday, here are some recent quotes:

"I wish I was still 3. I don't want to be 4 anymore." Me - Why not? "I just wish I could still play toys."

"Mama, do you hear that? Do you hear that hmmm hmmm hmmm (hummed Whistle While You Work) in your mind?" Me - Do you have that song in your head Violet? "Yeah, can't you hear it in your mind? Here (she put her ear against my ear so I could hear it in her head too)."

Last night I asked if she still had that song in her head and she said, "No, I have a different song in my mind now." When I asked which song, she hummed "Happy Birthday to You."

"Dear Jesus, help Anara not to cry and to eat her salad and not to be scared of her salad and to think, 'ummmm, that's good'"

I showed Violet a newborn picture of herself wearing the pink, hospital hat and she said, "I remember when I got that hat even."

"Sometime I would like to go to a frozen yogurt store. Mr. Lopart got some and it made me think that I wanted some."

"Here's mommy coming right up." When she was handing me the phone.

"I don't even know how this works but it's pretty cool." (About her new spyglass)

If only there were food on the spoon
Birthday pancakes
Waiting for his cake
"When is my birthday?"

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Can you believe you have a 4 yr old? I bet it went by in a flash! :) I love reading these quotes. She'll appreciate that you logged these when she is older.

Laura S Scott said...

Is Vi's B-day pancake a fish? (or one of the Susan Komen ribbons?)

Christina said...

It was a good party :)

Hubs said...

Laura - It's a 4. HA!

Laura S Scott said...

I should have asked Owen what it was. Now all I see is a 4.

Lydia said...

I didn't enlarge it but I thought it was a turtle.

Scott said...

Aweesome blog you have here