Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Empty Nest Syndrome

The robins left on Anara's birthday. The first baby took off and accidentally dive-bombed our heads. It ended up waiting out the rest of the day in a bush in front of our porch. The second baby disappeared after I heard it leave the nest (I did hear a lot of barking from the dogs next door). The third baby ended up on the sandbox lid and sat there all night (as evidenced by the stream of poop down the lid and siding). I spent a lot of time watching those little things so it's disappointing not to have something to peek at every once in a while. We put up a hummingbird feeder on the porch more than a week ago and I have yet to catch a glimpse of one. I hope they find it soon. Wonder if they don't like the inner city?

Come on - you guys don't fit in there anymore

Last one out is a rotten egg

Chicken! One bird in the bush
Last chick to leave


2 comments:

Beth said...

I have been thinking of putting up a hummingbird feeder too. They are so fascinating to watch. I always loved watching the one outside my grandma's kitchen window, growing up. I will have to do that in the next couple weeks.

Joy said...

The babies grow up and leave the nest so fast!