Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy 6 months Eddie

Edison started rice on his 6 month birthday. He was pretty eager to try it even though not much cereal made it down. He does a lot of tongue thrusting and doesn't quite open wide enough yet. I am trying to employ the advice of Anara's Occupational Therapist and not catch food with the spoon. I am also trying not to scrape the cereal off the spoon into his mouth. Both of these things have to be deliberate for me. Every time I give him a bite, I want to scrape off the excess with the spoon. Apparently it helps with sensory integration to leave it running down his face. Perhaps that's bologna but at least he looks cute with food everywhere.

Before his 1st cereal
A little too eager - no bowl grabbing anymore
"I waited my whole life for that? Eddie want wingy."

1 comment:

Jody said...

Hilarious how you wrote "Eddie want wingie!"