Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hello Old Friend


My robin friend came back. This time she is building a nest in the opposite corner of our front porch. She must have liked our happy home. I guess I can't be sure it's the same one but I think it is.

The morning after I posted the Empty Nest post, I heard some loud chattering at the back door. I went and looked out and saw two adult robins and two chicks with spotted breasts. I am going to assume this is our robin family because I spot them almost daily now. The mom had been going back and forth from chicks to her new nest. It's exhausting to watch her care for her family.

New nest after one morning of building

A picture from today

One of the robin chicks

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

We saw some baby birds in practice flight yesterday in our back yard. They were so cute! :)