Monday, February 04, 2008

Detox....it's mom who pays

Today is the Monday following an eventful weekend; all of these Mondays are the same. It begins the night before with a bedtime later than usual, this results in an earlier waketime and finally it progresses into superhuman fits complete with inharmonic screaming and whining. I knew that this was coming yesterday when we decided not to make Violet nap. The course of events was reinforced by the allowance of too much sugar coupled with putting the girls down an hour and a half past bedtime.

An hour ago, while I was trying to make lunch, both girls were on the kitchen floor screaming and rolling back and forth from front to back. If someone entered the house at that point they would have thought that the girls had been stricken with some awful stomach bug the way they were convulsing and carrying on. There is some relief in sight. We are only minutes from naptime and I am hoping for longer-than-usual naps.

I wish I could capture this rare, animal-like behavior on camera for everyone to witness, but the camera seems to evoke rationality and the fits stop; I will have to remember this trick in the future.

Tomorrow will be better, and I will try to remember in the future that one more sucker can break the camel's back, and missing a nap to have more fun doesn't directly translate into more fun for everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really funny they stop the fits when you get out the camera.
That made me chuckle pretty good.

PEEPER said...

if it makes you feel better, we had the exact same morning!! i love mondays.

Hilary Marquis said...

I feel your pain!