Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Privatizing

We can't seem to find anyway around making the blog private. There is too much information on our blog and I don't want to be less personal or more private. By making our blog private we can restrict access. Nate says since I have established my "fan base" I should go ahead and do it. I want to include anyone who is interested in the invitation to view our blog. If I have your email then you will get an invite whether you want one or not ;) If you would like an invitation and are not sure whether I have your email, please email me at rsvphublog@gmail.com . If you ever want to pass our blog on to someone, just send me their email address. I just hate the thought of this because it has been so fun for me to meet new people and find old people.

I have thought about taking out names, last names, places, links, and changing our http. I am really scared to change the http because I am afraid the whole thing will disappear and this is pretty much the only record of our children's lives since I don't have baby books, scrap books, or even prints of them.

This brings me once again to the question of printing the blog. Stephanie, I tried the link you gave me a while ago and everytime I try to preview it I get an error. Does anyone have knowledge of how to get a nice print from blogger? I would be so excited if I could get a hard copy of the blog (at least some of the posts).

7 comments:

Lydia said...

I know it's a hard thing to do, but I think you'll breathe a little easier for the sake of your girls protection. I wish there were some sort of way people could request an invitation, you know?

Test Blog said...

Yes Lydia, it would be great. I don't understand why they haven't done it. I tried to submit a suggestion in blogger, but couldn't figure out how. When I am not signed in and I click on your blog it just tells me that I am not a reader, but I agree that it should let you request an invitation. The author could still make the decision. As it is now, you have to know the person and have contact info. for them.

Beth said...

This is all I could find so far on printing a blog.

http://blogger-tricks.blogspot.com/2007/06/adding-print-this-option-for-your-blog.html

I tried it though and it didn't seem to work for me, but I didn't spend a lot of time on it. Let me know if it works for you.

Beth said...

Ok, I also found this site that charges you, but they do support blogger.com It looks like a pretty neat site.

http://www.blurb.com/home/3

Anonymous said...

It seems like if you copy and then paste into a word document it shows pretty well. I forgot my blogger password so I commented as anonymous.

dave price

sarah, rsm said...

Amanda,

Read your email, please! I made you an offer you might like?!

sarah

Laura S Scott said...

I'm all about being up in everybody's business....so count me in!!!