Tuesday, February 26, 2008

George Bush, quotes, & pics

The "Real" George Bush
Violet has referred to this monkey as George Bush since the beginning.
It has nothing to do with politics but she was unable to recall the monkey's
real name and was familiar with the name George Bush. This has been
entertaining when she walks into a store, the museum or the hospital
and screams, "George Bush Mama!" while pointing to the cartoon monkey.

Watching basketball with Daddy
Enjoying the snow
Learning to appreciate the snow
"That's not the real George Bush Mama."
Little princess
Finally enjoying baths
Posing in jambos and tutu
"This is my baby sister and my baby brother."
Mommy's birthday - thanks for the cake Grandma Angie

As promised last week, here are some new quotes from the girls.

Violet:

"What's the problem?"

"Anara just go bonk your head somewhere else."

"Don't lose patience Mama. God will help your patience to stay."

"I just pinched my finger bad but God will help my feelings to stay."

"Anara, we don't bite people, but you can bite chewy toys."

"Coming Mommy dear."

"Thanks Mama, you are a good helper" (when I took the lid off the Playdoh).

"Mama, I am so embarrassed I was crying."

"Mama, I am going to pray that God will help our power be on. Dear Jesus, please help the man to fix our power and help him hard to fix it." (Last week when our electricity was out)

"Dear Jesus, thank you for the man making our power come on and my playroom light to work now."

"Anara it's okay you can drink this, it's just pretend milk."
"I need some privacy girls." (while sitting on the toilet)

Vi and Anara were fighting. I was explaining to Violet not to boss Anara (for the 50th time that day). She kept telling me that she was just trying to get Anara to play "jumping jumping hakadakadare". I interrupted her and told her, "Violet, it doesn't matter what you are trying - " She stopped me and said, "I want to tell you something and I don't want you to say it doesn't matter until I tell you all of it," Okay, she certainly straightened me out.

Anara:

"Why do (you) crying Wylet (Violet)?"

"Down down baby" when she is sitting in her high chair and is ready to get down - Grandma H taught the girls this song.

"Okay, I won't." (She says this every time she is in trouble whether it makes sense or not)

"Oh, okay hahaha" - just a general response to whatever Violet is saying to her.

"Oh boy."

4 comments:

sarah, rsm said...

Violet knows exactly who George Bush is, I see!! :) From the mouths of babes come the greatest messages! Thanks so much for sharing them.

sarah, rsm

lifendream said...

Enjoyed reading the quotes by Anara...both your little girls are real cute.

TPQ said...

Violet has it right... George Bush is just a cartoon Monkey right? I am sooooo jealous. I want to take me kids to the George exhibit so badly! Our membership expired in December and we haven't renewed it yet.

Also I am surprised that the power was out all the way to you. We had the outage too and at the church. It must have been a fairly big area. I'm just glad it was during the day.

Beth said...

I love how you occasionally dress the girls alike. I really need to do that with my boys. I think I have only ever dressed them alike once, and that was for a photo session. People always are asking me how far apart in age they are cuz some people think that they look alot alike. I would really confuse them I guess if I started dressing them alike. LOL. Oh and speaking of funny quotes from Violet, the other day Carter saw a little girl in a magazine giving the I Love You sign in sign language, and Carter said, "Hey, that girl is shooting out her go go webs for spiderman." LOL. Kids are so funny.