Monday, October 29, 2007

I've seen better days....

Today has been kind of rough. Anara has had a lot of pain and has seemed pretty uncomfortable all day. She was getting Valium and Tylenol orally. Yesterday this worked fine but today it didn't seem like enough. They changed her to Lortab (hydrocodone) and she vomited almost instantly. She threw up everything in her stomach and continued gagging off and on for the next hour. I was a little overwhelmed so Violet and I went for a walk while the nurses started Anara's 6th IV and my mom dealt with the screaming. I could hear her crying throughout the whole unit.

One additional concern is that Anara hasn't moved her left leg in the past 3 days. If I try to extend it or even touch her toes she gets upset. Tomorrow the Orthopedic Surgeon will take a look at it and maybe get an X-ray. His initial thought was a muscle spasm, but a 3 day muscle spasm sounds painful to me.

Thanks Allison and Jeni for stopping by. It was good to see some familiar faces after a tense afternoon.

By the way, Anara is singing right now, "La la la, la la la, la la la". I am so thankful for pain medicine.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Amanda - I'm so sorry for the setback. I'm sure it was awful for you. Does Dr. Loder have any idea what this may be? Please email me as soon as you know anything. I hate not being there for you through all of this. Keep your chin up. She went through major surgery, and it's not uncommon to have some minor setbacks. We will be in intensive prayer for her this morning with the whole team - including pastor Bret! I love you all and miss you very much.

Anonymous said...

Amanda,

I'm praying for relief from pain, for the peace that passes understanding to cover you and Nate, for wisdom in dealing with the leg, and for the Holy Spirit to minister to Anara in ways that we can't even imagine.

Shelley