Sunday, October 21, 2007

A little more difficult

Anara has been having some tremor-like shaking. Her whole body jerks and she cries. It has been happening a little since surgery, but got a lot worse tonight. She was jerking almost once per minute. It starting getting more violent and I didn't feel like enough was being done (although the nurses are awesome and were doing everything they could). I paged her urologist and called his cell phone. He is out of town right now and still answered my late-night phone call. He took care of things and significantly increased her Valium to reduce her jerking. He even thanked me more than once for calling him (amazing I know). For a couple hours Anara had a death grip on my finger. Even when her eyes were closed she still held on tightly. When the jerking was really bad she wasn't even going 30 sec. between them and they started looking seizurish. I prayed desperately and miraculously she has been jerk-free for about 45min. and I got my finger back from her. Right now she is sleeping peacefully and I pray this lasts for a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear about the rough night. Hope you were able to get some sleep though. We are praying for Ananara and your perserverance. If you ever need help with the night watch let me know. I am used to not much sleep and could get up early or stay up late if you need it.

Dave